Wednesday 6 February 2013

The Idea behind My Stop-Motion Animation Short...



I have decided that I will use both cut-out and illustration techniques to design my animation short. The general premise of my animation will be based on The Flaming Lips song 'This Here Giraffe' I will target my animation at a younger audience and tell the story of a tourist who meets a giraffe whilst bird watching.



I believe the sole reason I chose this song was not due to its child-like lyrical content, but the bass line! I know it sounds silly but bass-lines often produce good ideas, at least in my case. 

Things I will remember to include in my animation:

  • Protagonists - 'Ace' and 'Giraffe'
  • Antagonists - The Westboro Baptist Church,
    State Police, Thought Police...
  • Colour prints
  • Handwriting
  • A bird
  • Explosions
  • Credits, crediting the cultural heroes that will feature

I will use the following software programmes: iStopMotion, iStopMovie

I will use the following tools: one kodak printer, A4 paper, scissors, gel pens, black matte paper

No comments:

Post a Comment