Thursday 31 January 2013

My 30 Second Animation...



We were given our assignment to create a 30 second animation, my method of animation will be cut out and illustration, which I believe will work well together both visually and conceptually.

Ihave decided my animation will be based around the song 'Bees' by Ty Segall. I would like to use contrast of both bright colours and dark colours, to signify good and evil.




The short story will include a boy following a girl through a dangerous dystopian landscape. I will include some real life figures ideas of the figures to include in this animation so far are Bill Hicks, Claudia Winkleman, Mother Theresa, Christopher Hitchens, Pope John Paul II, David Cameron and Barrack Obama. Eventually the girl and boy grow wings and fly towards the horizon away from the madness that surrounds them. Ideas for scenery include, people, skyscrapers, authority, tanks, guns, fires, sun flowers, birds, cats and trees.


I looked to Terry Gilliam for visual influence, I think in his 1974 short 'The Miracle of Flight' his illustration is bold and I like his use of colour. The plot is based on an inventor who wants to discover how to make humans fly (its set in the 16th century).


Terry Gilliam's 'The Miracle of Flight'.





My second idea would be using the same stop-motion techniques of cut-out and illustration based on the content of The Flaming Lips song 'This Here Giraffe'. The animation will be centred on a Giraffe and a bird watcher who journey through a dystopian nightmare until the sun comes and all the turmoil dissipates leaving The Giraffe laughing as the bird watcher is stunned at what he has witnessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment